On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:58:41 PM UTC+1, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 4:46 AM, Mike Hodson <mys...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Edward K. Ream <edre...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> ​Hehe.  I see you have the essential "software": pizza, chips and pop.
>>> It's a great recipe for hypertension, as I have found out.
>>>
>>> Alright then.  I'll order the ThinkPad t460s. Thanks for your advice.
>>>

>> You're welcome!  I hope you like it as much as I do. The very nice key
>> backlighting is one of the main selling points IMHO - I hate using my Asus
>> laptop without such when I don't want to use the Thinkpad; Trying to
>> totally separate work/play.
>>

> ​Just ordered a t460s with backlit keyboard. The video review I watched
> raved about the keyboard, which apparently is better than the dell keyboard.

That's interesting. All my laptops for the last 15 years have been
Thinkpads, basically because (a) they have always been good to dual boot
with Linux, and (b) the keyboards were miles ahead of any others. I am very
fussy about keyboards and the Thinkpads are about the only ones I can get
one with.

But the more recent thinkpads have moved to the 'chicklet' style of
keyboard, and some of the reviews I saw of the T460s characterised the
keyboard feel as 'stiff', which concerned me a bit. Perhaps the feel has
changed less that I feared, and they are comparing it with the somewhat
squishy (to me) feel of Dell keyboards.

I'm not particularly in the market at the moment but seems like I should
try something like a T460 when the time comes.

Let us know how you get on with it.

    Jon N