What is the value in running the "linux version" of Leo in windows with
emulated X11 server?

An easy way to get going on Windows is by installing anaconda. It will
install everything you need to run Leo from the anaconda command prompt. If
you're worried about how bloaty anaconda is you can install miniconda and
then install PyQt manually from the conda package manager.

I don't understand what benefit there could be to running it non-natively.