On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:01 AM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

By transferring to ClojureScript I have discovered some very cool projects
>> that I could not imagine were possible at all. One of the coolest things is
>> writing reloadable code. I am amazed how cool it is to make small change in
>> your code and in a few milliseconds browser shows the effect of changed
>> code. It is impossible to express in words the feeling. Once you try it and
>> feel it for yourself you can never tolerate again any tool that requires
>> you to reload or to wait more than a second for the effect of your action
>> to be visible.
>>
> ​
I keep coming back to this in my thoughts. Making Leo reloadable would
instantly make Leo a killer app.

How to do a prototype in the least amount of time? The way forward is
murky. Yes, Python has imp.reload, but it's not enough to reload code. All
of Leo's objects must be reloaded.

Prototypes can sweep all kinds of inconvenient details under the rug.  All
hacks are allowed, including hacks to avoid reloading settings files,
plugins, whatever. But hacks are not enough.  A strategy is needed.

The situation is akin to the time before Leo's first breakthrough, namely
the Aha that I could use MORE as a prototype for Leo.  What kind of
prototype could steer us in the direction of fully reloadable python code?
What kind of clever scaffolding is needed?