On Monday, November 24, 2014 at 12:57:40 PM UTC-5, Davy Cottet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm happy to announce first releases of Leo 5.0 as a debian/ubuntu
> packages !
> For now it is available on my personal package archive ppa, and I hope it
> will be on leo's soon.
>
> Let's go straight to the interesting part, thanks to try my builds on your
> debian based environment :
>
> *On Ubuntu :*
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:davy39/ppa
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get leo
>
> On other Debian based system :
> sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys B84B2247
> <http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x98BB61D98E5B7F41A39403AAD3A30653B84B2247&op=index>
>
> sudo add-apt-repository "http://ppa.launchpad.net/davy39/ppa/ubuntu
> utopic main"
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get leo
>
> Hello,

I am currently using Debian 8, Jessie.  I was not able to follow the
instructions in the documentation at the Leo website because I didn't know
what the key was to the original repository, so I went looking for other
options.

First, Davy, THANK YOU for the above directions!

FYI, Debian no longer uses / supports add-apt-repository.  It is my
understanding that only ubuntu systems still support this.  The procedure I
used to successfully install Leo on Debian 8 was the following:

1.  I added the key as instructed above.
2.  I manually added the repository to my /etc/apt/sources.list
3.  the command to install leo I needed was:  sudo apt-get install leo

The menu item was found under "Development" and Leo appears to be working
just fine.

If I run into any other issues, I will let you know.

Again, THANK YOU for posting this!  I was able to adapt it so that Leo
installed on my Debian 8 machine.