On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 06:03:11 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Leo's core assets are Leo's data structures, Leo's minibuffer-based
> commands, and one or two others. Incorporating these assets into

I agree Leo's data structure is one of its greatest assets.  Not sure
about the minibuffer commands.  I guess vs. any environment that
doesn't support anything similar, they're a major asset.

> *other* apps, such as Atom or WebAssembly Studio, would guarantee a
> long life for the Leonine way.
>
> Given the relatively small amount of code involved, we might
> seriously consider rewriting Leo's core assets in javascript or even
> rust.

I think is some ways the issue is not so much web ui vs. Qt UI, but
Python vs. not Python.  Python is easily the dominant language in the
domains I work in most, so not Python options aren't super interesting
to me.
https://madnight.github.io/githut/#/pull_requests/2017/4

Re-writing Leo's core is an interesting idea.  I think there are some
great opportunities for clarifying the boundaries between the node
storage backend, and the outline representation, and outline
manipulators, and the gui.  I'm not saying those boundaries don't
exist, but I think they could be easier to see, leading to the
possibility of interchanging parts more freely.

But my Python bias remains.