On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 06:04:50 -0800 (PST)
vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to be clear. I know that Leo uses QTreeWidget for rendering the
> tree, but my question is why we don't let it to mange rendering
> process all by itself.

Separate from the "let the widget do the rendering" part, should we be
using QTreeWidget or QTreeView?  The former handles nodes for you, the
latter expects you to do it?  I'm not 100% sure about that, but it
would seem we'd want the latter for that reason.

Not separate from the "let the widget do the rendering" part, don't
forget the dynamic icon generation part, which obviously is working in
the current scheme - -I guess it could be covered by the 'role'
approach used in the framework.