On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:00:40 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 5. They are settings that do not conflict with the theme's primary
> purpose. In particular, they do not alter the theme's basic colors.

I don't think this merits argument because it's just a preference of
the theme designer.  If a theme designer wanted to make variations of a
theme by redefining its colors, they should be free to do so.  As I
said, it's not uncommon to see the same theme released in different
colors, like dark_world-green, dark_world-orange, dark_world-red, that
kind of thing.  That would most easily be done with one CSS and three
sets of color settings.

I agree a theme should "just work", as distributed.  As long as it
does, I don't think it matters too much how it's implemented, although
some themes may be much easier for users to tweak via settings than
others.  If a user can't tweak a theme the way they want, they'll look
for another theme.

So

> I shall not approve using css settings that:
>
> A. can not easily be understood or explained.

seems like a good idea

> B. modify the fundamental colors of a theme.

seems like an unnecessary restriction

Cheers -Terry