On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The second image is direct.png. It shows the total loss of triangles in
> the tree. Here is the css.
>
> TreeView::branch:closed:has-children{
>
>     image: url(:dark/branch_closed.svg);
>
> }
> The css passes the checks, the images simply do not display.

​...​

> Looking at the full stylesheet, the color_theme machinery returns the
> following for the abstract.png css.
>

> QTreeView::branch:closed:has-children{
>
> image: url(/home/chris/leo-editor/leo/Icons/dark/branch_closed.svg);
>
> }
>
> The script replaces dark/branch_open.svg with the full path to the image.

​Right.  I was dealing with this topic last night. ssm.set_indicator_paths
makes this substitution.

It seems that direct coding of the stylesheet won't work for any other
> images than the two; open and closed.

​I think you are right.  Of course, you put a full path into your css, but
that's ugly and not transportable across machines.
​

> For ease of use (themers and users) is there a different mechanism we
> could use for replacing the path to leo when appending to the provided path
> relative to leo/themes/<theme_name>? For example: the default Qt styling
> uses the format
>
> url(:/<theme>/<image>);
>

> Note the leading "/".
>

> If we could support this syntax, it would make modifying existing Qt
> themes much, much simpler.

​Let me think about this.

 As for the boxes, I still have white boxes in the tree.

​I wrestled with this myself last night.  The Qt qui code uses the
​
@string color_theme = dark to find the icons.  The actual code is
qt_gui.getImageImageFinder.  I added a trace last night.  You can enable
that trace to see exactly what is happening.

Surely, qt_gui.getImageImageFinder should be improved so that it looks in
more places, including leo/themes/<theme_name>/boxes.  It should probably
look first in these places:

    ~/.leo/themes
or maybe:
    ~/leo/themes