On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 7:11 AM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I haven't been following the code, just the discussion. I'm in favor of
> incremental simplification where ever practical.

​I am especially interested in your opinion about supporting json as an
alternative format for .leo files.​

> Remember json's limitations, all keys are strings, and only int / float /
> list / dict / string types stored simply.

​Ouch.  At present, the code is:

def copyOutline(p):
    g.app.gui.replaceClipboardWith(json.dumps(p2list(p)))

def p2list(p):
    return [p.h, p.b, p.gnx, p.v.statusBits, p.v.unknownAttributes,
             [p2list(p2) for p2 in p.children()]]

It looks like json.dumps may have problems with p.v.unknownAttributes
fields.

Again, not a gotcha, but something must be done.