I mentioned this elsewhere, but just want to say Flexx is different in
that it translates Python to javascript, although not really, really
it lets you write javascript using Python syntax.  So its intent is
that you don't write javascript, and if you do it that way, you
probably won't be able to swap out frameworks easily. OTOH there's
always a point where you're committed to a framework - an interface
written in React or Vue is like an interface written in Qt.  But
Flexx's expected model for communication between the Python and
javascript sides is perhaps less swap out able. You could just use it
as a message pipeline, but there are probably other options for that.

And I'd expect this project to be significantly bigger than the curses project.

Cheers -Terry