On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5:32:33 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

2. Create a hack that runs all unit tests.  I expect all gui-related tests
> to fail.

Leo's own --script logic is byzantine.  It's simpler just to run the
following test file from python itself:

import leo.core.leoBridge as leoBridge

controller = leoBridge.controller(
    gui='nullGui',
    loadPlugins=False,
    readSettings=False,
    silent=False,
    verbose=True,
)
g = controller.globals()
c = controller.openLeoFile(r'c:\leo.repo\leo-editor\leo\test\unittest.leo')
assert c
p = g.findTopLevelNode(c, 'Active Unit Tests')
assert p
c.selectPosition(p)
c.testManager.doTests()

This runs the the tests with the null gui, which uses python strings to
simulate widgets.  The results are:

Ran 909 tests in 20.533s

FAILED (failures=9, errors=1, skipped=32)

So a few tests should be changed or skipped to make everything pass.

The first version of the browser gui will be a copy of the null gui, so
everything will pass at first with the browser gui.  I'll then start
replacing the string-based code, at which point many more tests will fail.

I expect to get this done today.