On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 12:06:05 PM UTC-6, Josef wrote:

[Leo can't read .leo files containing NUL].

My apologies for the delay in responding. I have just created #1046
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1046> for this issue. It
is similar to #1036 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1036>,
which was fixed at rev b400f47
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/commit/b400f4718c3ba28f1c766cd629ca14516ce7307c>
.

The underlying problem: not all unicode characters are valid in xml(!).
See this page <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valid_characters_in_XML>.  In
particular, the only valid "control" (ord(ch) < 20) characters in xml are
U+0009,
U+000A, U+000D, that is '\t', '\r' and '\n'.

I'll fix this later today. The fix will be in fast.readFile, using
maketrans.