Mattew Butterick has similar concern about Lisp flattery regarding its
power and even touch another popularity index (based on GitHub this time
and before Clojure), as you can see on [1]. I think that he makes a
pretty good argument about Lisp as a non professional programmer who
codes (like myself), that can be also be applied to Pharo, connecting
power with expressiveness, and later with the documentation and the
ecosystem

[1] https://practicaltypography.com/why-racket-why-lisp.html

Discourse about alternative programming languages has been also co opted
by the "startup fashionist logic" and put them in a contrast with
traditional business programming languages, but some times they could
make sense also in research, writing and other contexts, where we are
trying to build a case for communities of non professional programmers
who code and are interested also in accessibility and readability, but
from different perspectives. That's the path I'm exploring with
Grafoscopio. It has been an important community building tool (despite
its early stage and bugs).

Cheers,

Offray