On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 3:37:42 PM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

Bringing the web up to speed with WebAssembly
> <https://dl.acm.org/ft_gateway.cfm?id=3062363&type=pdf>.

If you have trouble accessing this paper, you can find a working link to it
in the "Literature" section of the Wikipedia article for WebAssembly
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebAssembly>.

I never dreamed that program verification would actually be done
automatically for any significant program, nor that any language might be
formally verified.  Both are integral parts of WebAssembly.  The OCaml
<http://www.ocaml.org/> language is part of this process, so I'll look into
it next.

I may also track down ref 35 in that article, B. Pierce.Types and
Programming Languages. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, 2002
(or something like it on the web), so I can understand the type notation
used in the paper.