The other imports in the File->Import Files menu give me a file
selection window, but it appears the menu item for Freemind lacks a
command/function call.

Leo generates an error:

no command for @item 'import-free-mind-files'

Can I edit something somewhere to get it to work?

Leo Log Window:
Leo 5.9-final, build 20190501110101, Wed May  1 11:01:01 CDT 2019
Git repo info: branch = master, commit = 0129e6cddbd6
Python 3.7.3, PyQt version 5.12.2
darwin
isPython3: True

I'm on MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/CAJkfFByB%3DsGrWE%2BOgE6EWz4FiMBFZba1UqNQ6huDSX9ocWQr5A%40mail.gmail.com.