On Thu, 16 May 2019 17:23:50 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM Seth Johnson
> <seth.p.john...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The other imports in the File->Import Files menu give me a file
> > selection window, but it appears the menu item for Freemind lacks a
> > command/function call.
> >

> This command requires lxml <https://lxml.de/installation.html>.  Try
> installing it.  This importer appears to be the only code in Leo that
> uses lxml.  Have no idea why, or where the code came from.

Heh - I may have written it when I switched from Freemind to Leo :)

At the time lxml had better support for XPath than core Python libs,
not sure if that's still true.  Recent work makes me still prefer XPath
over DOM traversal, so if lxml is still the leader XPath wise I'd still
lean towards it - I know it's actively maintained.

Cheers -Terry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/20190516222012.48ccac3a%40lakeview.