On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 7:19:03 PM UTC-5, btheado wrote:

I was looking at the tests in leoAst.py in the fstringify branch and I
> don't find any asserts in the tests themselves.

The tests in the TestTOG are actually extremely strong.  I have just added
the following to the docstring for the TestTOG class:

QQQ
These tests call BaseTest.make_data, which creates the two-way links
between tokens and the parse tree.

The asserts in tog.sync_tokens suffice to create strong unit tests.
QQQ

I'm not so sure about the test in TestTOT class.  It looks like it just
ensures that two traversals run without crashing or looping.  Again, this
is a stronger test than it might at first appear.  In any case, the
Fstringify class is a subclass of the TokenOrderTraverser class, so all the
tests in the TestFstringify class are implicitly also a test of the TOT
class.

Finally, the tests in the TestFstringify class do all include the usual
asserts.