With the command to add a backlink, I would say that we have a working
zettelkasten system that has essentially all the features of the original
paper system, with better searching and reorganizing abilities.

1. Zettels (notes) that include an ID and links, including backlinks.

2. Although the zettel IDs do not follow the original system, where the
number encoded a note's location, with closely related IDs generally
physically close - this is known as co-location in library science - the
nodes are presented in hte outline view in an equivalent way that is much
easier to work with.

3. Zettels can contain links to other zettels, and these links can be
traversed at a keystroke.

4. Zettel text and headlines can be searched.

5. Tags can be added and searched on.

6. If you follow my suggestions about using the @path directive for
organizing nodes and @rst for the zettels, you can easily save the whole
collection to a tree of text files.  Sadly, the Nav tab search doesn't work
for headlines that start with directives, so that would be a reason not to
use them.  For all I know, Leo may have some script or command that
accomplishes the same export capability; I just don't know what it is at
present.

7.  If you include those directives, and create the file system tree, the
whole tree can be imported into my bookmarks manager, which provides other
views of the relations between headings.

8.  If you make the zettel text to be Restructured Text, it will render
nicely using the Viewrendered or Viewrendered3 plugin.  It's easy to make
these kinds of notes be proper RsT, and thecommands I worked up for
inserting node IDs and timestamps do insert them as RsT.

So I say we're ready to rock and roll!