Hi, Gar,

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 11:58:27 AM UTC-4, gar wrote:

> I have to use very outdated syntax highlight schemes for most languages I
> use! pygments are claimed to be supported
> but works with python only.

Colorizing works with other languages if you mark them with an @language
directive, like this:

@language java
import javax.servlet.*;

public class Experiment extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet {
    static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("org.exp.Codes");
    boolean _DEBUG = false;
    String _FORMAT = "atom";
    String _MIMETYPE = "application/xml";
    String _TEXTTYPE = "text/plain";
    String _JSONTYPE = "application/json";

Paste the snippet into a Leo code.  It should be colorized.  It is on my
system.

I realize that colorizing is just a small part of your post; I'm not
addressing anything else here.