I've just submitted a pull request for viewsarendered3 v3.0b14 adding the
ruby asciidoctor as an external rendering engine.  This has only been
tested in Windows, so if anyone is interested, please try it out on Linux.
See the help message for information on installing asciidoctor and on the
setting needed to tell VR3 to use it.

On my system, asciidoctor prints an odd error message to the console:

Invalid switch - "Users".

This is nothing that VR3 sets up, so I speculate that it is something
incorrect in an asciidoctor configuration file.  I'll try to track it down
if no one knows about it.