On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 6:48 PM vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been working on new branch `importers` today.

I just checked out the importers branch. It looks great!

I've changed all methods to accept lines as input argument instead of text.

Good.

The old tests were checking only on headlines...

Now, both structure and content are checked.

I see that you represent expected outlines as a nested list structure.
That's simple and good.

As an alternative, BaseTestImporter.*create_expected_outline *creates an
expected outline from the MORE representation (a string). I mention this
only for reference. Your way is clear enough.

BaseTestImporter.*compare_outlines* compares the actual and expected
outlines. Imo, it would be better to use this (or something like it) rather
than the check_outline *function.  *The assert* methods of
unittest.TestCase provide better reports than python's assert statement.

Leo's existing test framework works well with the assert* methods, so the
conversion should be easy.

After I've added 6 new tests with some corner cases that I've found to be
> interesting, I've deleted all other old tests in TestPython class.

Good. The old unit tests were feeble and mostly redundant. Imo, only a few
tests will likely be needed to test all the interesting cases.  A few more
tests may be needed to get to 100% coverage.

*Summary*

Keep up the great work :-)

Edward

P.S. I see that the new python importer refers to linescanner.Target and
defines a Python_ScanState class. Eventually, we would like both to go
away. I'll experiment with making them optional.

EKR