There may be a possibility for round-tripping VR3 "notebooks" with
Jupyter.  For example, there is Jupytext
<https://jupytext.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html>.  See also
discussion on Github nbconvert issue 452
<https://github.com/jupyter/nbconvert/issues/452>.  It might turn out that
small enhancements to VR3 could support round-tripping between VR3 and
Jupyter notebooks.

That would be cool - if there is enough interest, I could spend some time
on it.  Please comment here if you are interested.  No guarantees, though!