As you probably remember, VR3 inherited lots of code from VR2, which
inherited from VR.  And some new code I worked up more or less followed
similar code from those earlier versions.  I've been hoping to avoid
restructuring any of that code, but maybe I should consider it at last.

With this new version, which includes  pylint-leo-rc.txt and the # py--lint
lines, I see the following kinds of suggestions:

too-many-locals
too-many-branches
too-many-statements

Also, clicking on some of the links do not go to the right place (they jump
outside the file altogether - I think they just can't find their targets),
and clicking on some of them blocks Leo for several seconds, which I don't
remember happening before.