Thanks for your answer Edward! :)

 I should have mentioned that I was editing leoserver in leointeg, and I
happened to modify the file directly, (not via the Leo:BODY pane) and when
saving, vscode asked me if I wanted to install (and format with) one of
those 3 formatters. (autopep8, black, or yapf)

hehe, but no problem at all, i just ignored that popup and everything went
fine.

thanks again for the details you've provided : I'll make sure to use the
technique you described before making future pull request. :)

Félix