On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 05:58:30AM -0400, Rick Scott wrote:
> The autoconf bit is probably my fault. I probably built the release in question
> at home. I'm not sure why we get the chmod errors, I don't see them at home.
> The Makefile has been set to specifically ignore the errors, so I assume that
> it is sometimes expected. The nightly is indeed in need of a tune up. All of
> the prefix stuff at the top could be replaced by ensuring that the PATH finds
> the proper tools. Then all of the individual auto* runs should be replaced by a
> CVSMake, it will decend into the various packages, this is how the releases are
> now made. Ideally the tarball should be made with a "make dist".

Hmm, I think having the path hardcoded is actually better
(who knows who will some time change PATH w/o an idea what it might break, etc.)
My modifications in nightly should it bring now in sync with
make_release.

What has to be done to create lesstif-current.tgz by "make dist" ?

--
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]