The LessTif Core Team is pleased to announce
      Release MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.PICO_VERSION
of the LessTif library!

This new "PICO release" addresses a few problems which may have
prevented the 0.92.0 package from building on some systems.
No fixes have been implemented which affect the core functionality
of the previous release as described below.

The most important news is that we are going to switch over to
a 2.1 compatible default version. For now our (default) source claims
to be 2.0 which is an intermediate step:
our final 2.1 version will most likely be binary incompatible
with the current 2.0 version.

Other changes:
 - fixed some minor bugs in the libraries, and some critical ones
   (i.e. those which could trigger a program crash), and plugged some
   memory leaks
 - further enhanced the configuration system.
   LessTif should now work much better out of the box on several
   platforms. We now check for all non-ANSI interfaces, though
   we may not always offer a fallback if they do not exist
 - fixed an Xbae problem if run on multiple displays
 - fixed a couple of 2.0/2.1 compatibility issues
 - we now build a set of clients (mwm, uil, xmbind) for each
   library version being built

About LessTif:
LessTif is a LGPL'd implemention of the OSF/Motif standard GUI toolkit
for X11 on unix. LessTif aims to be source compatible with the
OSF/Motif versions 1.2 and 2.1. While we're almost done with the 1.2 part
we lack some substantial parts of the 2.1 functionality yet.

So at this point, most Motif 1.2 apps compile and run
out of the box with LessTif! The LessTif Core team is interested
in hearing about Motif applications which don't work with LessTif.
Bug reports are welcome; patches are even more welcome!

More information, source code, and binaries for several platforms are
available at:

        http://www.lesstif.org
        http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lesstif

The LessTif Core Team