On 08 Jan 2001, Danny Backx spake:
> The last time I checked, the XFree distributions weren't compiled
> for thread-safety. (This is a while ago.) Things may have changed.

xc/config/cf/Imakefile has referenced Threads.tmpl for ages (at least
since XFree86-3.3), and that does a threadsafe build.

(Whether the XFree86 binary distributions override this I don't know,
but I'd be *very* surprised if they did.)

--
`Picture someone frothing at the mouth, waving a cleaver, and drawing
 down death, destruction, fire, flood, pestilence, rape and looting