David Jensen wrote:

Wait, there is more in the -4.patch than needed. So it's not that bad, skel.c and scan.c patch is only 152K, and parts of them are already included. Still large though.

Yeah, I've uploaded a 157K patch at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/flex-2.5.31-debian_fixes-5.patch, which basically contains just the *.c and *.skl changes from the latest (-31) version from debian. It ignores all debian specific, autotool machinery, documentation and translation related changes. I suppose the 20 line scan.l hunk in it is redundant, though it's not going to save that much space in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers,

Matt.