On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Ken Moffat wrote:

Heh, I was just about to revisit your earlier posting and ask about libtool. The difference in bison might be worrying, or it might be nothing (maybe even another candidate for "differs as they usually do") - anything interesting in farce-extras, or is it just impenetrable binary data ?

Also autoupdate - it's a script, so the diff in farce-extras should at least be readable ;)

In passing, it's interesting that every package and its dog hardcode the sed path into scripts - that was one of the findutils problems with the earlier cross-lfs build order.

Hit 'send' too soon, I also meant to say that the man pages only in one build look like some perl(?) package that only got built in one system (if that's the case, it's an example of "you have to interpret the results"), and that it *ought* to be possible to run farce against a live system (it's designed for it, doing a test this afternoon of / and a hacked copy of it, I was surprised to find mail and /etc/issue showing differences, both from fcron jobs). OTOH, if you do run it on a live system and it trashes it, that's a bug ;)

Ken
--
 das eine Mal als Trag?die, das andere Mal als Farce