Archaic wrote:

> Then the argument stays, but the terms change. Instead of arguing
> specific uid/gid, it will be how best to arrange it. It is a policy
> decision. As such, I like an arbitrary system with an emphasis in each
> book that they are merely suggestions and not set in stone (though I'm
> sure most *will* just use the book's values).

I agree that the uid/gid numbers are suggestions.  I thought we said
that in BLFS at:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/postlfs/users.html

"Generally the specific uid or gid numbers used by these applications
are not significant."

We tried to explain the issues there.  If there is a way to improve the
discussion, please let me know.

  -- Bruce