Ag Hatzim wrote:
Jeremy Huntwork([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 12:32:59PM -0500:

Snip
I think we really should look at including it sometime in the future, whether it starts with a hint or a separate branch or whatever.

Ok lets give an end to these eternals debates (although i have to
admit,are quite enjoyable :)),and lets create an experimental branch.

The new branch will be dedicated to research and with emphasis to the
various techniques that already mentioned to these endless threads.

The new branch will have to be indepented from the LFS book,but with the
clear purpose to implement any interesting/succesfull techniques later
on into the LFS book.

Three examples.

a.The alphabetical-order branch is quite interesting,because it gives the
chance to
the people who came in a later stage to the LFS projects,to learn the how and
why
the book builds the packages with the way it does today,and quite probably to
re-evaluate the package order.

b.Destdir approach.

c.Better intergration with jhalfs.

On top of that,will give to some (with a tendency to sadomaxism :),me
included) people the chance to deviate from the book and to experinment,hence
the branch title.

Ofcource there will be no support questions,and i know that might be quite
temptable
for some to follow...

With Best Regards.

Agathoklis.

so you mean the lfs-development book then......