Ken Moffat wrote:

>   I'm not sure I fully understand your point, you seem to be saying that
> gcc might be at risk from mktemp ?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't quite clear. What you've done is make a build
order change by inserting a questionable package smack-bang in the middle
of the toolchain sequence. This is the bad precedent I was referring to.

While it won't hurt in this instance, IMHO the current toolchain sequence
should not be meddled with in this fashion. God only knows how many years
it's taken us to get it to its current state :-) I believe it also reduces
toolchain education by taking away focus from the key components.

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/