Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
<snip>
And to further clarify, an LFS machine as it currently is does *not*
automatically use UTF-8. The changes to the LFS book are so that the
LFS system *can* use UTF-8 properly if a user requires it. IMO, this is
<snip>

I'd like some clarification on one point then. IIRC, I read in a post by Alexander that the changes to the book made it so that ssh would no longer connect properly to non UTF-8 systems. In order to do that you had to run ssh through screen. This would be a *massive* inconvenience issue for me. Is this the case just by following the new book instructions, or is this only the case if you set your locale to a UTF-8 locale?

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182