Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 02/10/06 03:25 CST:

> I do not blame BLFS.

Thanks for personally clarifying this issue.

> I am just saying that it is a huge (but doable!)
> job for me to verify all BLFS packages. My point is that if we release
> both LFS and BLFS now,

I didn't realize there was a push to release. Surely there won't be
a release soon as the toolchain just went under major surgery. I would
think it would be a month or more before a testing branch was created.
Additionally, there is thoughts of implementing the new build order.

Either way, I don't see why we couldn't release a UTF-8 ready version
of LFS, and a BLFS that is as best as we can do (with a caveat up
front stating that the UTF-8 implementation is incomplete, and my not
work correctly.

Alexander, I'm not sure we'll ever achieve a perfect harmony between
LFS and BLFS, however I believe that even still, the combination
brings about a synergy that is worth releasing.

--
Randy

06:31:00 up 138 days, 15:55, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.14, 0.40