Randy McMurchy wrote:

Either way, I don't see why we couldn't release a UTF-8 ready version
of LFS, and a BLFS that is as best as we can do (with a caveat up
front stating that the UTF-8 implementation is incomplete, and my not
work correctly.

Agreed. UTF-8 has been present but broken in LFS for a while. So a future release will be closer to providing support, but I'm sure won't be perfect, and we won't be worse off than before. We do what we are able, as we are able.

All we need to do is mention in the book(s) that we have *improved* our support for UTF-8, but that, due to a lack of manpower, a user may still encounter unexpected issues by using it.

Certainly we want to keep LFS and BLFS bug-free, but remember that education is our prime goal. As such, our releases don't have to be absolutely perfect, but they should provide a user with enough information to make an informed decision.

--
JH