Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I rewrote this page.  Tell me what you think.
>
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/lfs-book/prologue/hostreqs.html

Couple issues I see.  First:

> If the host kernel is either 2.6.x, or it was not compiled using a
> GCC-3.0 (or later) compiler, you will have to replace the kernel...

I think that should read something like:

If the host kernel is *older than* 2.6.x, or it was not compiled using a
GCC-3.0 (or later) compiler, you will have to replace the kernel...

Second, I'm not so sure that gcc-2.95.3 is valid anymore.  Certainly it
isn't valid for the kernel; it might be less confusing to just require
gcc-3.x (or greater) for the entire system.

Last, the version-check.sh script doesn't work with my coreutils 5.2.1
installation.  "chown --version | head -n 1" says "chown (coreutils)
5.2.1", but cut is trying to display the fourth space-separated field.
There is no such field, so it displays nothing.  I hope that this was
just a typo (and it should be cut -d" " -f3 instead), but it is possible
that not all coreutils chown programs give the same format output.