Dan Nicholson wrote:

>> sed -i.bak '/THIS_SH/s,$, </dev/tty,' tests/run-test
>
> Seems more appropriate. I was trying to avoid another command, but
> it's "the right thing to do". I'll try to push that in.
>
> I wanted to ask you about this, though. What's the reason you don't
> hit this in DIY?

Actually, I do hit it, just not all the time. And no, I don't redirect
</dev/null while building. A contributing factor seems to be whether the
build is scripted or interactive. An LFS style build (as root) doesn't hit
it when scripted but a Pacman based build (where everything is built
unprivileged) does hit it. Kinda makes sense now that I think about it :-/
Anyhoo, hopefully this tweak will DTRT in all circumstances.

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/