On 02/03/2014 22:00, akhiezer wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 12:36:34 -0600
>> From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [lfs-dev] Are we ready for LFS-7.5?
>>
>> After a fairly extensive discussion, I've update the host system
>> requirements page in svn:
>>
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/prologue/hostreqs.html
>>
>> I considered an erratum, but we really don't want to be put in the
>> position of having to bring it forward for each release.
>>
>> What I have is a compromise.  I added the note under gcc and added the
>> final few lines in the script.  I believe that the combination addresses
>> the slackware problem.
>>
>> If I do not hear anything that needs adjustments in the next few hours,
>> I will release the current svn as LFS-7.5 stable.
>>

> In the gcc text-section:
> --
> * s/have can be/can be/  ?
>
> * s@look in /usr/lib for @look in /usr/lib (or /usr/lib64) for @  ?
>
> * s|Either all three should be present or absent, but not only one or
> two.|Either all three should be present or absent, in the same directory, but
> not only one or two.|  ?
>
>    This part addresses multilib hosts, where /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 are
> present.
> --
>

> Pierre: double-check: are you OK with the 'all three present' part?
>

> In the script part, I'd output the path, as that resolves potential
> ambiguity for multilib hosts.
>

> Generally, yes, reasonable+ compromise.

As a blanket statement its fine however they "stack" gmp->mpfr->mpc so
it should be ok
for gmp to be there alone or gmp+mpfr. i however agree that if any are
missing they
likely "broken" and should all be removed for safety. a "sed" could fix
it modifying the
dependency_libs line to replace "s/ .lib\(.*\)\.la/ -l\1/g".

*.la files are your friends when building multiple arches into a
"sysroot" when used uniformly
and consistently they actually not so evil but to obtain this nirvana is
not easy with some older
packages.

see this blog for some info on libtool.
https://blog.flameeyes.eu/2008/04/what-about-those-la-files