Em 15-03-2014 14:01, Armin K. escreveu:

> git server instructions
> for BLFS. So it might take some time unless someone beats me to it.

I don't know how you are thinking. This subjects is extremely
disagreeable for me to discuss. But I have to.

One thing I do not understand is: systemd wants a BLFS version, because
of that, BLFS has to change. I have seen gnucash transition from svn to
git. IIRC, almost one year with both versions, testing. Commits in svn,
then mapped somehow in git. Many many problems, ghosts branches
appearing, master disappearing, only later svn was turned off.

As in CLFS, where there are git for the books and svn for the
patches, why would not create a git version of LFS-Systemd? This would
serve as a proof -f concept. Then it would be shown to work ok, and then
try to create a map from svn to git versions, and when everyting is
prooed, create the BLFS-systemd git, mapped from aa BLFS-systemd svn,
this mapped from a BLFS svn, and only when nothing else could be done,
perhaps, we would need start considering a discussion about alternatives.

>From a basic logic, before even creating BLFS-systemd, there is no need
to discuss anything. First create LFS-systemd git, then proof the
concept, show how things could be done, then go to BLFS-systemd in svn
and/or git, show the problems you have to maintain it in sync with BLFS,
and then lets start discussing.

I am not feeling very comfortable, discussing this, but I have to.

I curse the day when systemd ate udev inside the monster that it is.

We are all in peace, a lot of difficulties to get the book updated, and
then, have to think about this other subject.

I went to the site that Bruce created. Could do nothing there. It is the
same felling I have when I need some info from sites using git.

--
[]s,
Fernando