akhiezer wrote:

> But those packages would auto- drop-out if a user is building/following the
> non-sysd track of the book, right?

Not necessarily.  There are several packages that people have suggested
are not necessary in LFS.  I don't remember which, but LFS has never
been aimed at a minimum Linux build.  Adding a full systemd
automatically adds udev so that's useful and things like attr, acl, etc
are not really a problem.  The only thing I really don't like is dbus,
but that's not really a problem either if the user uses svsV and doesn't
add the start script.  dbus is not needed on most servers that don't
also need an X install.

   -- Bruce