Alain Toussaint wrote:

Please do not top post.

Alain Toussaint wrote:

gcc-7.2.0 is now available:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2017-08/msg00130.html

I'm working it right now.

I am too.  In Chapter 6 glibc you will need:

sed '/test-installation/s@$(PERL)@echo not running@' -i ../Makefile

before make install (from DJ).

I also removed --enable-obsolete-rpc but I need to investigate more.

> On glibc, I plan to use both obsolete (--enable-obsolete-rpc and
> --enable-obsolete-nsl) options because the installation step bomb out
> if I use only obsolete-rpc without using the second option.

The --enable-obsolete-nsl option is not needed if the sed above is used. I am now doing a full build with all tests to check any regressions. That will take a couple of hours. I then intend to do a systemd build with the new dbus. Then I will commit the changes if no show stoppers occur.

If all goes well, this should be the lfs-8.1-rc1 build.

  -- Bruce