On 05/17/2018 05:15 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 11:46:25PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 04:43:49PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

With the gcc update, I plan to do a full BLFS build starting next weekend.
We may want to tag packages in BLFS as gcc-8 compatible as we build/test
them.  Feedback requested.

I've got too much on at the moment to think about starting gcc-8
testing.  Still trying to pin down gimp-2.10 (I've given up waiting
for 2.10.2), and firefox-60.0 is expected this coming week.

After that, I hope to do other things for a little while.

Any more thoughts on tagging or gcc-8.1 ?  The gimp-2.10.2 release
is expected shortly, so I figured I want a fresh system to try it
on.  Currently building last night's books, but on my slowest
current machine.

Or do you now expect that the packages which need fixes for gcc-8.1
will be few and far between ?

I have been building a lot of packages with gcc8. I've done almost 400 so far including all the desktop environments (except Gnome) with almost no problems attributed to gcc8. I think we can forgo the gcc8 tagging.

  -- Bruce