>>>No, recompiling ncurses won't help if gcc is missing from /usr. Try
>>
>> But it isn't anymore...
>
>What do you mean? You said earlier that there was no gcc or g++ in
>/usr/bin. Do you just reinstall it?

I figured out that it was missing while trying to install Groff so I
installed it for the first time in chapter 6 (I somehow forgot to install it
when it was supposed to be installed). After that everything has worked
fine, as I wrote (I'm currently in 6.51)
>>>/usr/bin. Very strange, but everyting worked after I installed gcc.

>>>checking a couple more things for me...
>>>1. Run the sanity check at the end of the "Re-adjusting the toolchain"
>>>section and let me know the results.
>>       [Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.2]
>>>2. Does /lib/libc.so.6 exist?
>> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 13 Aug 29 15:17 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.4.so
>>>3. Does /usr/bin/ar, as, and ld exist?
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 227776 Aug 29 15:39 /usr/bin/ar
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 931041 Aug 29 15:39 /usr/bin/as
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 943144 Aug 29 15:39 /usr/bin/ld
>
>OK, then everything else earlier in the chapter is there. You probably
>just need to reinstall gcc (or did you already?), though you may also
>want to recompile everything else after that.

I have compiled everything after 6.26 according to the book, is there
something between 6.14 and 6.27 that has to be compiled using the compiler
in /mnt/lfs/usr/? Or is the compiler in /mnt/lfs/tools good enough for
packages 6.15-6.26 to be compiled into /usr?

Thanks
Ilja