hi,

me again ;)

i have restarted my installation attempt, now following exactly the
book. But now already binutils is making trouble.

it dies when trying to install it.
/bin/sh: /tools/bin/ranlib: No such file or directory

so i took a look and ranlib IS there (and also the other binarys).
But if i type in teh shell the name of any binary in the bin dir it just
says:

bash: /tools/bin/ranlib: No such file or directory
but it IS there. i can see it in the file browser, and bash can see it
when i ls the dir, reporting file sizes for it.

??
probably there is something very simple that i oversee ;)

i already reran mkfs over the partition, but with no success.

I guess thats the educational part of lfs, exploring never before seen
errors ;-D

Cheers,
Bernhard