Henry Grefrath wrote:
Hi Tony,

I was hoping I could build a small system on this laptop. It has 32MB of RAM and I setup a 75MB swap partition. The rest of the hard disk 1.2GB is mounted as /mnt/lfs.

I think you might struggle with that, I'm afraid. Building just chapter 5 on an Athlon XP 2400+ with 512MB RAM and 512MB swap took just over 3.5 hours over the weekend (admittedly that included all the toolchain testsuites as well). A better approach, if possible, would be to utilise a much faster machine than your laptop, then copy the resulting system across, minus any binaries and libraries you don't require.

Regards,

Matt.