Clemens HAUPT wrote:
Am Monday 09 January 2006 23:43 schrieben Sie:

This would work.  You could also download the LFS live cd.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/

I did it. But what for? For making a bootable CD I need a host
using Kernel 2.6 at least. With a machine with older Kernel the
liveCD and all the packages is not of any use.

I am not sure you understand the idea of the livecd. All you need is to download the iso image, and have the ability to burn it onto a CD. The current kernel version is irrelevent as long as you can burn CDs. The point is that the livecd provides everything you need to build LFS, including the kernel.