On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Clemens Haupt wrote:

Ok. I finished chapter 5 and I go on studying the beginning of 6.
When I'll understand the most of it I'll try to come to the end. Just a
final question: In /sources of the chrooted system, which directories
should be there? For instance glibc-build has to be made another time
so the old one has to be removed before, hasn't it?

When you start chapter 6, you need access to the binutils-build and binutils-2.whatever directories from chapter 5 (the book has a note telling you not to delete these in pass 2). Otherwise, you should delete the directories created by unpacking a tarball as soon as you have finished that page of the book.

At any time, if you make a mistake while building a package it is safest to throw away the directories and extract clean source code.

Ken