Michiel Faber wrote:
Chris Staub schreef:

mrdaniel wrote:

You don't need to mkdir /tools/include/asm. Just do as the book says. If the instructions didn't work then you missed something.

I dont agree, i had to make the directory asm first too... It depends on your host version of "mkdir". I also had the problem with the copy command for the headers. My host is ubuntu.

michiel

No you don't have to create any directories first. Can you paste EXACTLY what commands you typed (that supposedly didn't work)? Look at the lfs user's command history and paste it here. However, ubuntu is known to have issues with building lfs (has nothing to do with the installation of libc-headers though).