--- Matt Darcy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 3 HD's with numeric prefix in /etc/inittab ??? what does that mean,

i worked throughout with 3 PCs thus have 3 HDD, and each have been done
according to the book, but as at now realised the typo error etered as for
6.56.2 cofiguring Sysvinit, the groupo of 7 lines for the rc 0 thru 6, the
leftonst character, x0 through x6 where x was entered a numeric one which was
incorrect.

my feedback earlier was meant to be informative and not a challenge, that how
come HD A & B no problem but only C. The respawning should happen to all.

ok then after correcting the entries of the prefix to "lowerCase L" in HD-C and
reboot, the respawning still happens.

another point to make sure is there a spacing in the print
'\033(K' between the 3 and the (. and if we spaced it does that contribute to
that respawning case.

thanks.