A warning about my OSDV LFS Live CD:

My build structure is a little fragile due to my adding the Pvote
application and making the live CD automatically run the demo (that
was the purpose of my exercise).

The default target in my master Makefile is "osdv-iso", the live Pvote
demo CD.  The "iso" target still works and can be used to build a live
CD with shell access, but *be*careful* to make /etc/inittab,
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow on the CD be what you really want.

The .iso make targets also unmount everything.  After building an .iso
you can remount and prepare to build a different .iso by entering
"./restart" in the master directory (/mnt/newlfs/newlfs-livecd).

The target LFS /etc files will be accessible via ../image/etc/ after
remounting.  Just change whatever you want and then "make iso".

As I wrote in the README, the live CD build environment is a little
touchy and dependencies do not work fully automatically.  The
unmodified "make" from scratch works but after that you have to be
careful.